Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas has come and gone, and our house looks like Toys r Us exploded in it. Our celebration started on Christmas Eve with dinner at my Grandma's house and Christmas Eve service at church. We had a nice little group for dinner and even had some old friends stop by that we hadn't seen in a while. John was very impressed with his Santa cup GG had set put especially for him. Santa even left an early surprise gift of new jammies and "The Polar Express" DVD. After service we took 3 VERY tired babies home to go to bed and wait for Santa. When I was putting John to bed I told him Santa would be coming tonight, and very concerned he asked, "He's not going to come in my room is he?" I reassured him that Santa would stick to the living room. Christmas morning was a blast. This was the first year that John got REALLY into his gifts. Everything he opened was his favorite. At one point he unwrapped a gift for Natalie, and the shirt box I had used had Christmas print on it. He freaked out and screamed, "Oh my gosh! A Christmas GAME!" Luckily he was not too disappointed when he opened the box and found clothes. We had family over for lunch and more gift giving and then headed to my Dad's for more food and more toys. Phew! I think these kids are set for at least a week or two. :)

trying to get a picture of all the kids in their Christmas outfits

just a funny pic of Rebecca

Rebecca Christmas morning


John Christmas morning



Natalie Christmas morning

John got a whole box of "boy" dress up clothes...here he is posing as a Power Ranger

John in the only moment of silence he had all day. I had to capture it on film

...and CONGRATULATIONS to my baby brother who graduated from Mizzou last week! It will be nice to have you home.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

oh my gosh! that "funny picture of rebecca" looks just like you did when you were little!! wow!! =) wish we could have been there for christmas, but i am glad you all had a good time. liz, mom, and grandma all expressed how much fun they had at your house with the kiddos.