Wednesday, December 3, 2008

and into December...

Well, Thanksgiving has come and gone and we are into December, the busiest month of the year. Thanksgiving lunch was at my Aunt and Uncle's house and not only are we outnumbered, but I think the adults in general at lunch were almost outnumbered. There were so many kids running around having a great time, and one little addition that didn't do any running but was content to be held and just observe. I was so glad to finally get to meet and hold my new cousin (2nd cousin?) Tanner. She was an angel. So adorable and I didn't hear her make a peep the entire time. Next year we will have another little one so I can't wait for that. John had a great time with everyone. Rebecca and Natalie took a little time to warm up to the crowd, but after an hour or so they were fine. Rebecca's favorite thing was Tanner's infant car seat. She was mesmerized by the toys hanging on it, and even sat in it for quite a while. The kids were nice and worn out by the time we left, so there was no trouble getting them to bed.

Saturday I had an elementary school reunion in the afternoon, and then my 10 year high school reunion that evening. The girls and I went to the first reunion while Mike and John had some quality "boy" time together. I was a little nervous for my HS reunion, and I still can't believe it's been 10 years, but I had SO MUCH FUN! Mike was one of the few husbands to attend, but he found a few guys to hang out with while the women reminisced.

Today we had our Parents as Teachers educator come over and play with the kids. John learned about forest animals and the girls showed off their cooking skills in a play kitchen. She is still a little concerned, as are Mike and I, about John's speech, so he has a referral for speech evaluation. We won't hear anything for 4-6 weeks, but hopefully if it's needed we can get him into speech therapy before kindergarten.

Our next event is John's 4th birthday. He is having his first party with friends this year. I'm excited for it, but I'm a little nervous that kids won't be able to come because of the proximity to Christmas. Well see though. Invitations just went out yesterday and we already have one RSVP, so he'll have at least one friend to play with. :)
Natalie with her baby doll in Tanner's car seat

Becca in Tanner's car seat

Rebecca and me at my elementary school reunion





1 comment:

Kelli C. said...

There's nothing better than family!! Tanner loved meeting everybody too & she can't wait to see you all again at Christmas:-)
We love you guys!!