Friday, December 12, 2008

John + Winter = Crazy Mommy

I knew I was dreading winter for a reason. This cold weather is keeping us indoors most of the time and John has no place to let off his energy. If I didn't get my hair colored every 6 weeks I would definitely be all grey. He is just driving me insane! Constant running, jumping, screaming, fits...I'm about to lose it. He found the candy for the treat bags for his birthday party and opened them up and i don't have any clue how much he ate. I keep finding wrappers in his bedroom. The other night Mike fell asleep on the couch and woke up around 12:30 am and saw John sneaking into the kitchen. He followed him quietly and found John with 2 handfuls of Starburst! Who eats candy at 12:30 in the morning? How often has he done this while we have been asleep? Agh! The candy is now obviously moved to higher ground. He even got a time out at Preschool which never happens. On top of this he has a double ear infection and pink eye, neither of which seem to be slowing him down. Thank goodness my mom is babysitting tonight so Mike and I can have a date night. Spring...I miss you. Please come soon.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

wow! you have quite a handful there! =) i must say, that if brody continues the way he is right now, we are liable to have a son just like john! i was actually laughing outloud on the part where you said mike caught john with 2 handfuls of starbursts at 12:30!!! (it actually sounds like something i would have done as a child, but not at age 3!!) =) he is obviously very smart, so you should count your blessings on that one! =) i, too, miss spring and summer so i will jump on that train with you! good luck this winter!! =)