Friday, March 21, 2008

Who wants a dirt colored egg? Anyone? Anyone?

The weather was so nice today I took John and the girls outside to dye Easter eggs. I have officially decided that I am way too much of a control freak. I let John do what he wanted with them, but the whole time I am thinking to myself, "No! Don't put the green egg back into the purple dye! Just let it sit for a minute or the color won't be nice and bright! Wait! Hey! I want to do one!" :) So, we have a few blue eggs, one yellow, and the rest are a nice murky brown. Appetizing! Mmmm! After coloring he got VERY upset that the Easter Bunny was not there. I mean really upset. Crying, screaming, the whole thing. It was fun. And yes, I was a terrible mother and did not take him to see the Easter Bunny at the mall. He is always so scared of people in big costumes I knew he wouldn't sit with him. Now he keeps asking when we are going to see him. Agh!


On a happy note, I think we are potty trained! At least during the day. We made our first outing in big boy underwear with no incidents. He did have an accident during dinner the other day and one during lunch about a week ago. I think he forgets to go to the bathroom when he is eating. Priorities, I know!


Oh, and I thought I'd put a little public service announcement out there for any parents of little ones reading this. If your child puts a crayon in their straw and puts it in the dishwasher without you knowing, it makes a huge waxy mess over all your dishes when you go to wash them. But if you run the dishwasher 2 more times (yes, that's 3 times total for 1 load of dishes) it will all come clean. :) Not that this happened or anything...I just heard that this works. :)


Here are a few pics of our egg dying.

Let the dying begin!


Very nice. Just place it in gently.

Nooo! Don't just drop it in! Wait...calm down Mommy. We're outside...on newspaper...everything will be okay...

Our beautiful eggs...before John's second round of dying where they turned nice and brown

The girls were content to eat Cheerios and watch from the sidelines

No comments: