Friday, June 29, 2007

Help!

So, things have been going really well as a mom of 3...I haven't been overwhelmed or anything...until Wednesday! Wow! It was the most trying day as a mom I have ever had. I was pretty much ready to give up this whole mommyhood thing by the end of the day. (Ok, I could never give up the mommyhood thing, but I was close!:)
The day started off fine with a trip to the zoo with me, John, and the girls. I had Natalie and Rebecca in the double stroller and John was walking...this was done intentionally in an attempt to wear him out. :) So, we get to the zoo, see the sea lions get fed, check out a few animals, and decide to ride the train. Since I can't take the stroller on the train, I get Rebecca situated in her sling, I'm holding Natalie, and John is holding my other hand. We get in line and he's all excited, and he takes off! I start after him, and luckily a nice lady helps me wrangle him back in line. I gave him a talk about behaving or we would not ride the train. He then very sweetly hugs the little girl in line in front of us...and then smacks her in the face!!! After making him apologize I drag him out of line...train privileges revoked! I was ready to leave the zoo at this point, but I knew the girls needed to eat so we stopped for lunch. John sat and ate fine while I fed Natalie, but when he finished I still had Rebecca to feed. Unable to sit still he went over to climb into a high chair which was fine with me, until he almost toppled the thing over trying to get out of it. Now mind you I am trying to discretely breastfeed a squirming baby so I can't exactly run after him. Again, luckily, some nice lady helps him down, and instead of saying thank you, John runs over to a field trip group and steals a sack lunch and milk out of their cooler! Agh! I packed everyone up and we left.
After getting home and taking a nice long nap..well, John and Rebecca napped, Natalie refused sleep, he got up rearing to go again. I had to run out to my car to get my diaper bag and John followed me to the door. I asked him to wait there for me, but when I turned around he was DRINKING OUT OF THE BIRDBATH! Nasty! We went inside and I started feeding Natalie, and sensing he was not the center of attention for the moment, John took this opportunity to hit Rebecca in the stomach with some little McDonalds toy! Time out for John! He was sent to his room, and when I went to get him, I found he had emptied out every single dresser drawer! After putting everything back away it was time to make dinner. I decided this would be a good time for John and I to have some one on one time together. I was making meatballs and wanted him to help me mix it up. I told him not to eat it yet, we have to cook it...and of course the raw meat went directly to his mouth! Come on man! Give me a break! So, no more helping mommy make dinner tonight. After dinner he was actually pretty well behaved, but after 9 hours of misbehaving I was spent!



On, a good note though, he has tinkeled in the potty twice at home and once at daycare in the past 2 days. We're not really working on potty training yet, but at least he's getting a little start on it.

Here are some new pics.
Rebecca helping mommy at work


We have a thumb sucker!

John, watching the sea lion feeding (he kept calling them fish)





This is part of the dresser explosion during his time out


Apparently, Rebecca didn't want a hig!




Natalie doesn't look too hip on this whole hugging thing either




No matter what happens, at the end of the day, I wouldn't change it for the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, that sounds tiring just READING it! congrats on making it through the day alive and able to talk about it! =) love all the pics! ~cheryl

Unknown said...

I love the sack lunch stealing and bird bath parts of the story. When you told me the other day, I about peed my pants : )