Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Botanical Gardens

Today, John, and the girls and I went to the Botanical Gardens. If you have kids and you haven't been there, go! The children's garden is great. John had so much fun in the fountains. He was screaming and laughing hysterically every time one of the fountains shot water. He played there for quite a while and then changed into some dry clothes to play on the huge playground area. He climbed and ran all over, and made friends with a little boy. They followed each other around forever! After playing we had lunch in the little cafe, and I was rather impressed when I offered John a cookie for dessert and he begged for an apple instead! How could I say no to that (although I had been hoping to share the cookie with him!) We stopped in the gift shop as we were leaving and bought John a little rake so he can help Daddy in the yard this summer. The girls were so well behaved. I was a little worried about taking all 3 of them by myself, but this trip gave me the confidence to possible tackle the zoo next time. I had been worried about keeping John occupied while I fed the girls (since I can't exactly get up and run after him with a baby attached to me), but we didn't have a problem at all. Oh, and I think I need to get a shirt that says "Yes, I do have my hands full." I swear, every person we pass, anywhere we go, makes this comment to me. Actually, I should make a shirt with a list of answers on it. How about...
  • Yes, I do have my hands full. (better full than empty)

  • 2 girls (it really bothers me when I have them both in pink dresses and people ask if they are a boy and a girl...seriously, who puts a boy in a pink dress?!)

  • Yes twins run in our family, my sister in law has boy/girl twins

  • No I did not have a C section (it amazes me that people ask about this...why do you need to know how these children came out of me?)

  • Yes I am breastfeeding (again...I can't get over strangers asking about how I am using my boobs)

  • No, we were not on fertility drugs (again people! Why do you need to know this?!)

  • The little boy here that you are ignoring is John and he is 2 1/2

So, I guess that was a bit of venting...sorry. Had to get it out. Anyway, I don't have many pictures today, but here's a cute one of Natalie in her Bumbo seat.


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Hey, you linked me! Thanks. I should do the same for you.

I'm sending you a virtual hug right now after reading your list. The last item was heartbreaking.

Mike said...

I also had lots of people ask me how old my little boy wearing pink flowered clothes was when Libby was small. It drove me nuts! I feel your pain. Why is it that strangers want to ask such personal things when you have a new baby/babies or are near the end of a pregnancy? That always bothered me too.