Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Think we can make it to preschool injury free?

No pictures today, just an update.

John had his adenoids removed on Friday, as well as tubes put in his ears again. This was after another 4 month span of ear infections. He was SO cranky after the surgery. He cried and cried for well over an hour. After getting home and taking a nap he was perfectly fine. He didn't even want any tylenol. I obviously don't know if it has helped with ear infections yet, but it has definitely helped his snoring. I used to be able to sit in the living room, watching tv, and hear him snoring and breathing from his room down the hall. Now he is silent. It actually kind of freaks me out and I have to keep checking that he is breathing because I was so used to the noise.

Rebecca had a spill on Tuesday and hit her forehead on some bricks and ended up having to have the wound glued shut. Both she and Natalie were screaming at the doctor's office before anything even happened. I guess they associate it with getting shots. She is fine though. It is super hard to give a 2 year old a bath without getting her forehead wet though. Her's looks like it healing much better than John's head injury did though, so I don't think she'll have much of a scar if anything. Now Natalie just needs to bust her head so all of my kids can match. I swear CPS is going to come knocking on my door one day if the kids don't learn a little balance soon!

Mike and I had been contemplating sending the girls to preschool next year, but didn't know if we wanted to pay for all 3 to be in school, or just wait until the next year when John would be in elementary school. I had discussed it with the preschool director and she was adamant that she wanted the girls there. :) They come with me to drop of John, so all the teachers have gotten to know them and they are very comfortable there. In fact it is a screaming fit to get them to leave. I told the director about the financial aspect of having all 3 kids there at one time and she told me we would work something out. Well she certainly did! It is supposed to cost $110 per girl next year and she is letting both of them come for $150 total! There is no way I could pass that up, so next year I will have 2 mornings a week all to myself and 1 morning with just the girls (since John will be going 3 days a week). Is it bad that I already have their 1st day of school outfits picked out and hanging up in their closet and this school year hasn't even ended yet? :)

No comments: