Sunday, May 24, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

On Saturday, Mike and I took the kids to a friends lake house for the day. It was only about an hour away, so it was a prefect day trip for the kids. We arrived around lunchtime and had a nice picnic lunch outside. After eating, we all took a pontoon boat ride around the lake. It was so nice, and Mike and I were actually talking about getting a place there. Probably just with a camper at first, but eventually a house. During the boat ride we came up to a little playground, so Mike and the kids got off to play while I got to sit and relax in the boat. After playing around for a little while we headed back to the house so the boys could go fishing. John caught one little fish, but unfortunately I was up on the deck and couldn't get a picture before they threw it back in. The girls stayed up with me and had a great time going person to person seeing who they could mooch food off of. John had a fun surprise visitor. Our friend's nephew is one of the assistants in John's Tae Kwon Do class, so he was very excited to see Mr. Tyler outside of class. Surprisingly, the girls actually laid down for a short nap in the afternoon, and Mike and his friends took a few rides on the bar stool carts. To me, these look like an accident waiting to happen, but I guess boys will be boys. John DID NOT ride them, but had fun posing on them for pictures. :) After a long day of fun and sunshine, we headed back home. I really hope we get to go back again this summer, once the lake has warmed up a little so we can go swimming!

No comments: