Sunday, September 14, 2008

Under Water

We experienced the Great Flood of 2008 this morning, otherwise known as the remnants of Hurricane Ike. Luckily the house didn't flood, but the yard was a mess. Cars couldn't pass in the street and we even got a huge piece of our neighbors wood fence in our yard. Here are a few pics of our side and back yard.

the river, coming from the street, between our house and the neighbors

wanna swing?

luckily we have a boat ready?

water rushing through the fence

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

good grief! that is a TON of water!! how in the world did you guys get MORE than we did and we are only hours from where the hurricane started?? that's crazy! I hope it goes away quickly so you guys can get on with all you have to do.

ssouth said...

Egads! Were you nervous? It looks pretty bad from the pictures. I can't believe your house stayed dry. How lucky!
Our basement flooded for the first time since we've lived here.

Brandi said...

I was definately scared when I saw the backyard, but when I could see the yard out front I felt better that we weren't actually surrounded by water. It receeded pretty quickly too. Definately an erie feeling though.