Friday, September 26, 2008

A few moments with John

John's version of "This Little Piggy"
This little piggy goes market
This little piggy goes home
This little piggy goes in the car
This little piggy goes in the TV
This little piggy has a hat
Wee wee wee wee wee

Today at Office Max John learned magic. Well, not really, but he thought he did. I was checking out and John was standing near the doors. He held his hand out and said "Open!" Well, his arm must have been at just the right distance that it activated the sensor and the door opened. Then he pulled his arm back and said "Closed" and the door closed. He must have done this 10 times and every time it worked. The cashier was cracking up. Then when we were out at the car he saw a man coming out and just as John yelled, "Open!" the doors opened for the man to walk through. John looked at me as serious as could be and said, "I make the doors open for that boy." He was so proud of himself.

Yesterday John was driving me bananas banging on his tool bench with his hammer. I asked him to stop and he said, "Oh absolutely. No problem." and went on to play with something else. I wish it was always that easy. :)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Those are great! I really like the "absolutely...no problem" one. It's hard to imagine someone John's age complying so readily!