Thursday, July 3, 2008

Had to brag on my babies

I just have to brag on my kids real quick. Today we went out to lunch at First Watch and it was CROWDED! I hesitated waiting for a table because the kids were pretty hungry, but I figured by the time I drove somewhere else we would have been seated already. While we were waiting a lady sitting next to us told me the kids and I were like Jon & Kate Plus 8...minus 5! :) I WISH I were as organized as that woman! Once we got seated the kids were being pretty good. John was talking a little louder than I thought was necessary, and Rebecca had a loud moment or two when she realized she was out of milk, but not too bad. I was amazed at how many people went out of their way to come over and compliment the kids. It was seriously one after another. I think 8 or 9 people came over to say how nice it is to have well behaved children in a restaurant. I was floored! It made me feel so good. One lady even told me she wants me running a Fortune 500 company because of how well I was multi-tasking. OK, so maybe that's a brag on me, but it made me smile. :) So, that's it. I just wanted to brag. It just really made my day. So, if you are out and see a frazzled parent with well behaved kids, please, tell them how good they are being. It can really change a whole day.

4 comments:

ssouth said...

I get comments like that at church a lot, and I think it's because the friendly church-goers are attempting to protect my kids from the huge amount of trouble they are going to be in when we get home! Or maybe they just aren't that bad...
Congratulations on your great morning. May you have many more!!!
Jenny

Kelly said...

In March when I took the boys to Joplin, we stopped for lunch, and a couple seated across from us told me how well-behaved they were. I was very proud, too, so I can imagine how you must have felt to receive so many compliments on your three little ones. It just shows what a great job you are doing!

Happy 4th of July!

Anonymous said...

Go Brandi! That must've felt great! Good job Mom!! P.S. I LOVE Jon & Kate Plus 8...that woman is a saint! Love ya!

Cheryl said...

Well I believe all the people that told you how well behaved your kids are because the few times I have been around you with the kids you have stuck to your guns and Mom tells me all the time how good of a mom you are with your kiddos. You should feel proud! =) I will definitely keep the thought in mind to tell other parents how well behaved their kids are. (Though I already try to do so some.....)