Saturday, June 28, 2008

Water day

Today the kids and I headed to the pool with a friend and her kids for a day in the sun...except the sun wasn't really out. John has become much more comfortable in the water since last year. He was running around playing and didn't really need me for anything, except money for lunch. Rebecca was a big girl climbing in and out of the pool herself. She would crawl around the beach entry area, and not realize it was getting deeper until she was going under. I definitely had to keep my eyes on her. Natalie wanted nothing to do with the water. She was content to walk around the pool area, waving at sunbathers and playing with her toys. After about 2 hours she finally let me put her feet in the water, but that was it.




Remember when pools were just a big rectangle filled with water, and if you were really lucky they had a diving board? I'm still amazed at all the "stuff" community pools have now.

No comments: