Thursday, June 26, 2008

I kissed a fish Mommy!

Last weekend Mike and I headed out of town for our first trip to the Lake with all 3 kids. I wasn't sure what to expect. Thoughts of large bodies of water, 3 kids who can't swim, and a completely unchildproofed house were making me a little nervous. After a long car ride, with two babies who couldn't share, we arrived just in time for dinner. After dinner the kids played inside a little while we unpacked before bed. The girls went to bed just fine in their pack-in-plays, but John was scared to sleep in an unfamiliar bedroom. He kept telling me he wanted to go home to his "monkey bed." (His bed at home has monkeys on the comforter) He ended up sleeping on the couch with cartoons on the TV. I don't think he actually got to sleep until about 2 hours past his normal bedtime, but at least he was quiet so we didn't have all three kids up that late. The next morning he woke us up bright and early, ready for fishing. Mike took him on a little boat ride to go fishing and he had a great time. He is so obsessed with boats, this was the perfect activity for him. He caught a few blue gill and after much prompting touched one...and kissed one which kind of grossed me out. After they got back and everyone was fed, suited up, and sunscreend we headed down to the dock. My Dad had bought the neatest raft. It has seats all along the sides, and the middle area was mesh. It was like 2 couches facing each other with a place for the kids to sit and play in the middle. John and Rebecca loved it, but Natalie wasn't very impressed. She didn't even want her feet touching the water. I was a little worried about John not wanting to wear his life jacket (or water jacket as he called it), but he had no problem with it and even tried to get me to let him sleep in it. After lunch we blew up a little inflatable pool that squirts water for the kids to sit in on the dock. Again, Rebecca and John loved it, but Natalie, not so much. I was surprised because she has no problems with taking baths or playing in the pool. Maybe the water temperature wasn't to her liking. We spent pretty much the whole day outside and made it through without a single sunburn and only one splinter from the dock. That night John slept on the couch again, and was still awake at 10:00 when I was going to bed, so I put him in bed with me. That boy is so hard to sleep with. He kicks and tosses and turns all night long. Then he woke me up, ready for fishing, at 5:30 am. Sunday morning he spent a little more time fishing with Poppy and Daddy while the girls and I packed up and cleaned. We were back on the road after lunch, and luckily the kids slept on the way home. All in all, it was fun. Not the least bit relaxing, but fun. I'm glad we did it though. I get nervous sometimes about trying to do things with all three kids, but once we jump in and do it, it usually turns out all right.

But I NEED all 4 blankets in my lap!

I guess as long as I have my lovey, I'll be all right.


Look! A fish!





The neatest raft ever

Now, let's see if I can get this thing back on...

I think I'll just stay up here on the dock and check out the floaties.

Doesn't anyone want to come play with me?

Yes, this brown water does look pretty nasty, but Daddy dumped it out and got us some fresh water.

Uh! This thing is hitting me right in the face!

and it doesn't taste very good either!

No comments: