Thursday, December 6, 2007

Sing, sing a song...

Natalie is on the road to walking. Yesterday she got ahold of John's stool in the kitchen and scooted it around walking behind it for quite a while. So, today I got out one of John's old walkers and she pushed it around the living room. She needed a little supervision, as the wheels move a lot faster than the stool did, but she loved it. Rebecca just watched her and laughed.



John told me his Christmas list today and it was pretty comical. He wants, Ho Ho (Santa), a Christmas Tree, a snowman, reindeer, a choo choo, and "all the presents". Hmmmm, guess I better get back to the store! :) John has started a new thing at dinner where he is worried about getting his shirt dirty, so he wants to take it off. It should be interesting the next time we go out to eat! He also has been telling me he is scared of his closet. It is usually at nap time that he brings this up, so it isn't like it is dark in the room with strange shadows. I close the doors for him, but when I go to get him up from his nap the doors are back open and he tells me he slept on the floor because he's scared of the closet. I don't know if he is trying to keep me in the room, or just delay his nap, or if he relaly is scared of something. It doesn't happen at bedtime though. I don''t know.
We have been trying a new form of discipline. He was getting time outs in his room, but we have since moved to standing in the corner facing the wall. It seems to be working a little better than going to his room. Today I had him stand in the corner, for not listening...AGAIN, and he started crying and singing his alphabet song. "Sob, sob, the A says Ahhh, wimper wimper, the A says Ahhh, sniff sniff, Every letter makes a sound, boo hoo, the A says Ahhh." I don't know if the song was comforting to him or what, but it was hard for me to keep a straight face. Some friends from playgroup and I have been discussing how none of our children seem to hear us anymore. It is crazy that so many of our kids are doing the EXACT same thing at the EXACT same time. I wish John was old enough to understand the whole Santa is watching you thing. Maybe the jolly old elf would have a little more impact on him than I do.

John was so proud, he put his button down shirt on all by himself! In case you can't tell from the picture, it is upside down and the collar is around the back. He was so happy to have done it without any help that he wore it like this for a majority of the day.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I have a co-worker who actually sent her child a letter from Santa one year saying he'd been moved from the nice list to the naughty list and he had 3 weeks to turn it around. She said it worked like a charm!