Thursday, August 30, 2007

Festival of Nations

So, what have we been up to...it's been so hot out, not a lot! My mom and I did take the kids to the Festival of Nations over the weekend. Thank goodness she was there! I don't mind taking the kids out by myself, but I think this would have been a little overwhelming. So many people! John had a good time. Sometimes he can get a little shy in big groups, but he jumped right in with some of the musical groups, playing instruments they had out for the kids and dancing around. He really liked watching one of the African dancing groups. In the kids area he made a Japanese fan, a Purim shaker, and got some tribal face painting done. He devoured his shishkabob (sp?) and ate some of my tacos too! The girls pretty much just napped in their strollers. :)
Mike and I went to John's preschool open house last week and got to meet his teachers and other parents. He's such a big boy! He has to have a backpack and I'll have to make him a lunch to take! Holy cow I feel old! He's going to be going on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
I have been noticing a little attitiude on the boy lately. When I was trying to take his picture the other day he kept saying "No Mommy! No pictures! Leave me alone!" AGH! Where did he get that from??? But then when I told him not to speak to me like that he did very nicely say "No thank you, Mommy."
The girls are getting so big. They are getting close to rolling over from back to front, and yesterday Natalie pushed up on her hands and knees. No! Don't crawl yet! I'm not ready for mobility!
Here are a few pictures of John, and I have a couple more of the girls I need to load on my computer. I'll try to post them later tonight.
finger painting at home


playing some instruments at the Festival of Nations


John's tribal face painting


If any of you know abou my issues with socks you will know that there is no way this is my child! GROSS!

No comments: