Friday, November 13, 2009

Continuing Tradition

When I was a kid my dad had bowling league on Friday nights. While he was out, my mom would set up a picnic dinner for us in the living room. Generally it was pizza, applesauce, and nasty Vienna sausages. The latter was only eaten by my mom and brother. Just the smell of them makes me sick. We would sit on towels on the floor and watch all the TGIF shows, Full House, Family Matters, etc. It was nothing crazy exciting, but it was something we all looked forward to each week.

Tonight, while Mike was gone deer hunting I decided the kids and I would do the same. Since the good old TGIF shows aren't on anymore (and my kids are a little too young for them anyway) we hit up the video store and rented Mary Poppins and then swung by Imo's for pizza and salad. YUM! The kids were so excited to get to eat in the living room. We set out our towels and had our own little picnic. After dinner I made some popcorn, turned out the lights, and we had our own little movie showing complete with chocolate covered raisins, which were a big hit. I don't know if this will be an every week thing as they are still pretty young but it was fun to carry on a tradition.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

fun! yet another thing to add to my "idea folder"! =)