Monday, August 18, 2008

Asleep at last

Last weekend Mike and I took the kids to Grants Farm with his family. We had the most perfect day for it! The kids had a great time with their aunts, grandma, and cousins. We don't all get together very often, so it was extra special having everyone there. John of course loved the tram we took to get to the park. I think I was more afraid of the goats than he was this time. I just hate when they jump up on you! Natalie had a minor meltdown when I tried to help her feed a bottle to a goat. She wanted it for herself. Oh, and on a sad note, Rebecca lost her blankey somewhere in the park. She seems to have adjusted to its replacement though.John and his cousin "posing" so the mommies could get a cute picture


On Tuesdays, G.G. watches the girls for a few hours in the morning, so John and I can have some quality time together. Last week I took him to Monkey Joes. A place filled with huge inflatables that the kids can climb on. The last time we went he was pretty hesitant to go on anything, and since I had the babies with me, I couldn't climb with him. This time, just the two of us, I was pretty excited to get to go on everything too. Unfortunately, I was greeted at the door with a sign saying adults are no longer allowed on anything. Ugh! John had no problem jumping right in alone though. He loved the big slide and the tunnels, but steered clear of the obstacle course for some reason.


I know some of you have heard the stories of the strange things John sleeps with, or does in his room when he is supposed to be "napping", but here is the proof that my son is a little crazy. :) First off, he went to bed in a red shirt and no socks. But when I went to check on him, he had on this green shirt and 2 different socks on upside down. He also added socks on his hands to his ensemble. Then, if you look closely, he has a toy saw in his pocket. To finish off, he is sleeping with his head on a book like a pillow, on top of the covers, facing the end of the bed. But hey, as long as he's sleeping, I'm a happy mom.















1 comment:

Cheryl said...

i LOVE that picture of John napping! Hilarious! Good job on snapping it while he was sleeping.... =) The girls are so cute in the pic of them in the stroller. They looked so happy to be there.