Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Natalie's Extreme Makeover

So I know I said I'd post pictures, but apparently the cord that connects my camera to my computer decided to hide itself. I hate when it does that!

Natalie had her consultation with the plastic surgeon today and it looks like she is going to have to have surgery. Let me see if I can explain what the doctor said...I should have been taking notes. About 6 weeks after conception "gill pockets" begin to form in the body. These go on to become things like your mouth and nose and some just disappear. Natalie's little dimple is one that should have disappeared. Since it didn't, bacteria can get in it and cause infections that can lead to abscesses. It has a name...something like blah blah cleft sinus. (I can't remember the 1st word) The surgery should only take about 20 minutes and is done outpatient. She is scheduled for the end of March. The doctor said it will leave a scar a little bigger than the dimple is now, but in a few years it won't be visible at all. She will have to be put under general anesthetic though. Poor baby.

No comments: